Skagerrak Software User Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 24, 2020, 08:27:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
386 Posts in 127 Topics by 155 Members
Latest Member: Beachfront
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Skagerrak Software User Forum
|-+  Motelmate
| |-+  MotelMate discussions
| | |-+  Group Bookings
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Group Bookings  (Read 6468 times)
Grant

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2008, 03:30:07 am »

Hi has anyone using the Group Booking facility.
I find it very confusing to differ between a group name and an individual guest.
I also find it frustrating not being able to go back to edit a group booking once its been made. It seems you have to make a new booking each time you want to amend / change it. :(
bavarian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 08:01:01 pm »

This one takes a bit of getting your head around.
Usually the group name is the person who is co-ordinating the booking or the organisation i.e. a school or sports group.
you can then use the person who made the booking as a guest when allocating names to rooms.
The Group booking once made is a Contract...... So if things change the Contract changes.
I also find it frustrating when I want to amend the Quote/booking before I send it out. I have to be careful when making the booking that all the room rates for that booking are correct etc.
Bavarian John
MM_Admin
Administrator

The Evil CEO

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 10:11:34 am »

Hi!
A group booking  is just a 'quote' with a collection of bookings assigned to it using the 'group ref' field in the bookings screen to tie it all together.
If you want to modify an individual booking eg  one guest is staying longer than the group, you can by editing the booking in the normal way.
When you go back to the group booking, the bill will be larger with the xtra nights !
Similarly, if you delete a single booking, the line will be removed from the quote.
To add an extra booking to a quote (BEFORE you start checking people in),
Make a note of the booking ref
Make a booking in the usual way
Add the group ref number to the new booking and it will appear on the quote.

To review a group quote from a booking,
Click on the blue i button next to the Group Ref box on a booking

I hope that helps !

Cheers
Patrick

bavarian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2008, 08:55:10 pm »

When you make a group booking 'quote' you may notice a Group Ref number. This appears on the Guest booking screen. If you wish to modity a group booking quote go to the Grid, select the dates required, use the name of the guest or group as in the original booking, and then add into this booking the Group Ref number of the original booking. If you then click the blue i you will see the modified quote.
KellySeabreeze

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 03:21:26 am »

Hi Patrick,

I understand that you can add to a booking using the booking ref but we really need more functionality than that. I have put together this description that might help you understand the issue.

I'd love to hear others feedback on the solution

Need for Group bookings management screen

Cause
Group bookings are seen by motel mate as singlular bookings even though as it is a group booking the details are all likely to be the same.

Effect
This has an undesired effect when trying to edit or correct anything to do with a group booking. Imagine a school camp which might have 100 guests over 25 different rooms. In this case changing a single thing can become a monotonous task eg changing the extra person rate or perhaps adding multiple rooms, or even adding the source of booking & reason for travel fields.
c.   Change required
Users need to be able to edit and add to group bookings easily and effectively without having to open each booking.  The following is required:
• Any field available in the booking screen should be available to be edited as one for the entire booking eg
 o Rates
 o Extra person rates
 o Rate based on
 o No of guests per room
 o Guest ref
 o Edit booking dates
• The deposit amount should be editable
• Additional rooms should be able to be added & removed if need be without cancelling or recreating the entire booking
I suggest that this is done in the following manner:
• When a user double clicks (or right clicks and chooses Edit) a room of a group booking then a prompt message asks them to choose if they would like to edit the entire booking or just that one.
 o If they choose the group booking then the group booking screen appears
 o if not then they should be able to edit just one room data
• If a user chooses to add a room to the booking then they should be taken to the group booking selection screen
• If a user chooses to delete a room booking then they should be prompted with a message that reads something like: “You have chosen to delete a room that is part of a group booking, would you like to delete just the one room or the entire booking”
• If a group booking already holds data that is different for a single room booking & a user tries to make a global edit then the user is prompted with a message that reads something like:
“you are about to make a global change to this group booking. If there is unique information stored in one of the room bookings about a particular guest then this will be over written, do you want to continue”
• If a user clicks on Group bookings from the home page then they should be asked if they would like to create a new quote or edit an existing booking. Action should be as is for the quote. If they would like to edit an existing booking then a search screen should appear whereby they can search the name/date etc of the booking. Your usual search screen could be reused here.

Desired Result
Able to easily add to or edit a group booking
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: