Skagerrak Software User Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 19, 2019, 04:38:21 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
386 Posts in 127 Topics by 155 Members
Latest Member: Beachfront
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Skagerrak Software User Forum
|-+  TrafficMate
| |-+  TrafficMate Discussions
| | |-+  TrafficMate 4 in development!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: TrafficMate 4 in development!  (Read 7583 times)
Richard Warburton
Administrator

Skagerrak Developer

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2011, 10:52:43 pm »

Greetings,

Development on TM4 has started - under new management - me.  I've been responsible for other Skagerrak projects including the WebSync Server and the new Rocket Grid and the recent MM PDFs used in emails, so I hope that gives any frustrated users some faith that the next TM will be considerably better.

I'm starting from scratch, so it will take a while, however, we expect to be rolling it out well in time for the WorldCup.

The focus will mainly be on cleanup: None of this 172.30... nonsense, or reboots or users not working or getting more or less than they should or just taking forever.  That said, there will be one new feature: Voucher management, which I will talk about more later.

I will need a couple of early testers at some stage.  If you feel like volunteering, email me using the little mail icon to the left of this message. 

At this stage of development, it's a good time to hear suggestions from users, but bear in mind, speed, reliability and consistency comes first.  Bells and whistles may be pushed towards version 4.1.

Cheers.

Skagerrak Developer
Richard Warburton
Administrator

Skagerrak Developer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 10:22:01 am »

It's early days, but you can see what the new TM may look like - running from a real blue box!
http://www.skagerraksoftware.com:4096/

As it's also the box I'm doing development on (at Skagerrak HQ), you may not see anything as I'm often taking the box offline to push updates.  Still, if it's up when you click the link, feel free to have a look around, add/delete a few users/vouchers etc.  Give feedback!  Oh, please don't delete red or green vouchers/users.  Others may want to see them :-)

Cheers.

P.S. The impressive new TM4 look can be credited to Stewart, so blame him if you don't like it :-).  The rest is my fault.  :-)

Skagerrak Developer
Richard Warburton
Administrator

Skagerrak Developer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 01:30:01 pm »

Those testing the new TM4, feedback would be appreciated Smiley.

Everyone should be running version 4.00.09.  If not, click the version number at the bottom of any admin screen and upgrade.

A bug has been discovered, whereby vouchers and tariffs whose data limits are greater than 4GB (or maybe 2GB - must test), won't work.  I'm intending of increasing this limit to say 32GB, and reporting an error if admins try to create tariffs/vouchers that go above this.  Hopefully sorted when 4.00.10 is released.

Skagerrak Developer
Richard Warburton
Administrator

Skagerrak Developer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 04:36:43 am »

Good news.  The 4GB data limit fault was a bug not a limitation.  With this latest release, 900GB and potentially beyond is ok.  There's been a whole lot of little improvements made, so it's worth updating.  To update, click the version at the bottom of the TM page and choose to install the 4.00.10 release.

Again, if you have any problems, feedback or suggestions, please report them!

Skagerrak Developer
Richard Warburton
Administrator

Skagerrak Developer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 04:57:54 am »

In this release you can have as many different Tariffs as you want.  Just go into the Tariffs screen and start hitting the + button.

There's also been a few visual and internal improvements, so if you do encounter a problem, please report it.

Cheers.

Skagerrak Developer
Richard Warburton
Administrator

Skagerrak Developer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 04:06:37 am »

This latest release fixes a communications bug between TrafficMate and MotelMate.  Anyone using Tariffs with a data limit greater than 1GB should upgrade immediately.

Cheers.

Skagerrak Developer
Richard Warburton
Administrator

Skagerrak Developer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 10:39:15 pm »

This versions fixes a bug that can prevent the user list screen from appearing, preventing management of the TM box.  Anyone using TM4 should upgrade immediately.

Skagerrak Developer
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: