Skagerrak Software User Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2019, 11:51:15 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
386 Posts in 127 Topics by 155 Members
Latest Member: Beachfront
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Skagerrak Software User Forum
|-+  Motelmate
| |-+  MotelMate discussions
| | |-+  Room prices on the Grid
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Room prices on the Grid  (Read 81489 times)

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2011, 07:33:39 am »

How do people feel about having the room prices showing on the grid?  This would allow for more flexibility subject to availability and peak weekends etc.  It is currently possible to change individual room types for individual days, along with minimum stays but this information can not bee seen until a booking is made by which time it can be too late. 
Richard Warburton
Administrator

Skagerrak Developer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 12:42:49 am »

I'd be quite keen to implement this feature if there's adequate interest.  Furthermore, who would be interested in the ability to be able to right-click on an unbooked space and be able to override the room rate (or minimum length of stay)?  I have been told that such features are unwanted in MM as it may give Minders too much power.  Given the investment of time required to make this happen, I'm keen to hear from the MM community.

Cheers.

Skagerrak Developer
reinhard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 01:41:38 am »

To see the room rates on the grid would be a great idea, however that shouldn't be there as a constant feature. The price should probably show when you move the mouse on the room/date, or with a right click or so. I wouldn't have a problem with being able to override the rom rate or the minimum stay somehow. But there should be a feature asking the user if that's really what's wanted. Minders or receptionists must know what they are entitled to and must be told so.

Regards

Reinhard

Reinhard from the Harbourside Motor Lodge in sunny Nelson
KBC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 02:23:59 am »

I think having the prices showing on the grid at all times is one of the best additions I could imagine.  If others don't want it then have it as a "option" in the advanced management section.  I am happy to have a slower loading grid to have prices show, but understand for others this wouldn't be acceptable.  It would be ideal to be able to micro manage my yeild on a day by day basis not season by season.  I want myself, my partner, our receptionst/minder to be able to see at a glance if we have made any subtle changes to pricing without having to leave notes everywhere.  Every dollar counts these days.  I imagine being able to - on a Monday add $3 onto every room rate for say Tues and Weds, in the same week take $5 off the one bedrooms for Fri Sat Sun.   There are many features on the system I would give up to be able to see the prices on the grid.   Smiley Smiley Smiley
MM_Admin
Administrator

The Evil CEO

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 12:51:05 pm »

Hi
Did you know this feature is sort of available already as such !
The Set Websync Calendar on the Manager menu!

This will let you modify individual day rates AND minimum stays and also shows current availability allowing you to "yield manage" at a very low level!

Have a look at the pic, tell us what you think !
This is not future stuff, it's in existence now with new versions brewing in background

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: