Skagerrak Software User Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 19, 2019, 04:15:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
386 Posts in 127 Topics by 155 Members
Latest Member: Beachfront
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Skagerrak Software User Forum
|-+  Motelmate
| |-+  MotelMate discussions
| | |-+  Confirmation Status
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Confirmation Status  (Read 5433 times)
Grant

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2008, 09:24:57 pm »

Patrick
Suggestion for next upgrade.
Once a deposit is posted to a booking, it's ststus should automaticly be changed to "Confirmed". Roonsoft does this.
Grant
MM_Admin
Administrator

The Evil CEO

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 07:08:43 am »

Hi Grant !
Not everybody uses a deposit to actually make a booking confirmed.
It could be simply that the credit card details are kept and that's enough.

It has to be open to the operator to click confirmed when they want rather than me imposing a condition that may or may not be able to be met. I understand what you mean but at least this way the system works for both schools of thought!

Cheers

Patrick
Smiley
Grant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 09:07:56 pm »

Patrick I actually disagree, once a deposit is paid you have a legal contart and the reservation should be "Confirmed". I am sure that this is "the Norm", your sysem should work to satisify the norm not the exception. I would be interested in other opinion.
Grant
bavarian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 07:37:29 pm »

Grant
It is a simple step to confirm a booking regardless of weather a deposit, credit card or voucher has beed recieved. I perfer to manually confirm bookings as we choose.
Regards
KellySeabreeze

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 08:12:27 pm »

Hi All,
Barbarian, I agree that there are circumstances (such as keeping CC info) whereby a booking may need to be confirmed manually based on the users discretion, I completely agree with Grant that once a deposit is recorded then the booking MUST be marked as confirmed. There should be no confusion here at all. Deposit recieved = booking confirmed. There can be only one way to reduce the human error on this scenario and that is to make it an automated task.

Can anyone be devils advocate here and think of a time when a deposit is recieved but the booking should not be considered confirmed?

Kelly
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: