Skagerrak Software User Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2019, 11:53:23 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
386 Posts in 127 Topics by 155 Members
Latest Member: Beachfront
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Skagerrak Software User Forum
|-+  Motelmate
| |-+  MotelMate discussions
| | |-+  Invoice - email format
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Invoice - email format  (Read 14963 times)
Grant

View Profile
« on: November 13, 2009, 12:54:56 am »

Patrick we are increasingly being asked for Invoices to be emailed. The windows WMF format uses approx. 2Mb and takes ages to send.
You mentioned that you were looking at a PDF format, have you made any progress on this?
Grant Undecided
ian
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 01:42:18 am »

If anyone has this problem, give me a ring and I will tell you how to convert the WMF file to a JPG which will reduce the file size to about 46KB instead of 2MB - 03 3660838.  It is a stop-gap measure until we can get the invoice files changed to PDF format or JPG file.
MM_Admin
Administrator

The Evil CEO

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 09:55:00 am »

Hi Grant / Ian
We are aware that the .WMF (Windows Metafile Format) is a 'less than optimal" solution for what you need !

We are working on a cunning plan to make PDF's using a little extra bit of technology magic we've just picked up!
We will finish it soon and then start testing with a 'good keen motelier' somewhere !

Any volunteers??
Smiley

Cheers
Patrick
Big Willy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 09:38:16 am »

Yeah, I'll be your space monkey if you like.

What I have been doing is hit the 'print' button and turn whatever it is into a pdf file (needs Adobe acrobat installed to do this) then I hit the 'email' button to email it, and then I delete the wmf file from the email and replace it with the pdf file.  Then I delete the wmf off my desktop to get rid of it and .....  CRIKEY this is starting to get complicated,  maybe I'll buy a box of stamps....

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...
bibo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 07:00:57 am »

Hi,
If, as Willy says, using the pdf format is complicated, how easy will the 'new' software be?
 Huh
MM_Admin
Administrator

The Evil CEO

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 08:48:41 am »

Hi Billie
"New' method will be exactly the same as the old,

It's all done on a need to worry about basis and you don't need to worry !
Smiley
You just press the button and a PDF appears in an email! That's the way we like it, Dead simple, it's easier to explain that way !
Smiley

Cheers

Patrick
KellySeabreeze

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 02:19:00 am »

Has there been any progress with this. My version is still saving as WMF. I know how to convert it to PDF, but its time consuming and I think there must be a quicker way.

Also I don't like it how it saves a file to the desktop (this is not a good way to save any file). I don't mind a file being saved but it would be better if we could specify the location and the naming convention.
MM_Admin
Administrator

The Evil CEO

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 04:46:40 am »

Hi Kelly!
We moved to making P{DF invoices some time ago!
The PDF'ing software is called FOP (great name!!) and is installed automatically at startup, BUT you can turn it off.....

If you go to the manager Tab on your main menu
Advanced Options
Developer Options  (of File Library > Developer options tab, it depends on which build you have)

You should be able to see if FoP is checked or not !
If not turn it on, it makes invoices around 20KB in a folder of it own and they look great!

Best wishes

Patrick

PS
If you get stuck call us on the helpdesk, We hate WMF files too!

bibo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 01:03:28 am »

I have just been checking what our emailed invoices go out as and it is only 12 kb.We send all our invoices by email and they go quick as a flash
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: