Skagerrak Software User Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 15, 2020, 04:23:34 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
386 Posts in 127 Topics by 155 Members
Latest Member: Beachfront
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Skagerrak Software User Forum
|-+  Motelmate
| |-+  MotelMate discussions
| | |-+  Holiday Guide updates from MM
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Holiday Guide updates from MM  (Read 6863 times)
bvnewplymouth

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2009, 09:29:31 pm »

For busy weekends we often have a 2 or 3 night minimum which we set up through Holiday Guide. This works fine until you start moving bookings from one room to another (for the nights of a minimum stay) on MotelMate which then updates Holiday Guide which in turn reverts the room back to a single night availability. We have been caught out badly with this and I believe it is a serious fault. Is there something we are doing wrong?
MM_Admin
Administrator

The Evil CEO

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 11:05:14 pm »

Hi Mark!
The command we use to talk to the Holiday Guide system is called SETAVAILABILITY.
The same command sets the availability type ie Unavailable or Internet for commission free bookings but it also sets Price and Min stay at the same time !
There is a setting to 'Preserve HG room rate" in the advanced options screen for Holiday Guide but not for Min Stay.
I understand the frustration, so I'll make contact with Holiday guide and see if there is a workaround.
Smiley

Cheers
Patrick
aorangi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 11:43:54 pm »

Hi Guys,

We too have the same problem, and it is very frustrating, especially when minders cancel bookings without changing the min stay. We would LOVE to get this fixed.
MM_Admin
Administrator

The Evil CEO

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 09:35:53 pm »

Hi!
I followed this up with the team at Holiday Guide, who I have to say are always happy to lend an ear to this kind of thing.
We will be collectively looking at adding the "Leave Min stay alone" feature to both systems.

Most likely this will mean, when you tick "Preserve HG room rates" tick box in MotelMate it will ignore changes to both room rate AND min stay.

If there are objections to lumping these two together the now is the time to perk up, but i think it's a safe bet !

This will happen early in the new year when the Jason's guys return!!!!
Smiley

In the meantime have a lovely Christmas

Patrick (the evil CEO)
Grant

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 07:23:48 pm »

Patrick has this happened yet. (13/03/10)
When I "Set Availability" it still seems to ignore minimum stay period I have set. Most frustrating just on Easter when you get a one nighter on the Saturday!!!!
Grant
MM_Admin
Administrator

The Evil CEO

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 10:57:52 am »

Hi
Just an update on the Jasons "Leave rates alone" flag.
I have had a reply from Jasons to say there shouldn't be a problem with making them change mentioned earlier to leave Rates AND MIN STAY as is.
we will advise you as soon as this is live !

Cheers
Patrick
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: