Skagerrak Software User Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2019, 11:19:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
386 Posts in 127 Topics by 155 Members
Latest Member: Beachfront
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Skagerrak Software User Forum
|-+  Motelmate
| |-+  MotelMate discussions
| | |-+  printing invoices, tolls are not shown on the invoices
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: printing invoices, tolls are not shown on the invoices  (Read 9202 times)
Ann Henley

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2010, 01:27:23 am »

Because this system is PAINFULLY slow we need to print out our invoices before all the people arrive in reception to check out.  If we click the invoice it only shows the accommodation.  So what we have been doing is checking them out to get the tolls and then having to check them back in.  This takes for ever with this PAINFULLY slow system.  Is there an easier way?Huh  We have 36 apartments and somedays 20 odd check outs so you can imagine with this PAINFULLY slow system the time wasted doing this.
ian
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 12:30:20 am »

Hi - Two things, regarding the slow refresh rate - what do you have the 'days showing' set at.  We have found that anything greater than 15 days slows the refresh rate quite considerably.  Secondly, regarding the phone charges on invoices.  When checking out a guest, the invoice shows the total phone charges.  If the guest wants a printout, you can go back into their booking and click on the "Calls" tab (you don't need to check them back in) and print the calls list from there.
skagdev
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 10:30:37 pm »

There are a couple of reasons behind the calls not being added to the invoice until the final check out.
The first is to minimize amount of space taken up on the invoice by the calls.
In some cases if we logged each call individually onto the invoice we would quickly run out of room and/or need multiple pages.
The other is too double check that all the calls have been recorded.
If a call comes through and that room/phone extension has no one checked in, then the program cant tell who's invoice to put the charge against.
So for those reasons all the calls are gathered together at the end, when the check out button is pressed.

As Ian said, there is a list of all the calls made by a guest attached to that booking record.
Go to the booking record > go to the calls tab (just under the guests name) > and here you will see each call listed.
If you press the "See Call Report" button you will get a list of the calls that you can print for the guest.

**BUT WHAT MIGHT INTEREST YOU IS THIS**
Still on the calls screen you will see a button that says "Add Calls to Invoice", this will add any calls so far to an invoice regardless of if its checked in or out.

Now after all of this, it still doesn't help the fact that the system is running slow on you.
We are aware of the slow parts of the program, mainly the grid, and I am working on a solution to rectify this.
But there are a couple of other things that can help:

As Ian said, you can set the amount of days shown on the grid to a smaller amount, this means it has less information to gather before drawing the grid.

The other is regularly restarting your machine (turning the computer completely off and on again, not just MotelMate),
I tell people to do this about once a week as it will flush out any guff that has collected in the background that is causing the system to run slow.
Do this at a time when you are not going to miss any calls as it will take a couple of minutes.

Also the speed of the program is dependent on the age and specs of the computer itself.
If you are worried about this, we can take a look at what your running and offer you some suggestions.

Hope this helps
Big Willy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 05:28:44 am »

Smiley Thanks. That helped me as I hadn't seen that helpful little button before....

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...
MM_Admin
Administrator

The Evil CEO

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 10:55:01 am »

Hi!
As a bit of an update to this topic, you can now add phone calls as a single item per call on the invoice.

The feature is configured in the Advanced Options screen under options setup

There is a check box marked "Show individual Calls on Invoice"
Just check the box and calls will appear as single lines on the bill showing the number called, when and how long the call went for

I hope this helps !

Cheers
Patrick
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: